School: Hammond Academy
Address: Cambrian Way Hemel Hempstead Hertfordshire HP2 5TD
Telephone: 01442 404020
Age range: 3-11
This is an academy mixed-sex primary school.
1. Children looked after and children who were looked after, but ceased to be so because they were adopted (or became subject to a residence order or a special guardianship order).
2. Medical or Social: Children for whom it can be demonstrated that they have a particular medical or social need to go to the school. A panel of officers will determine whether the evidence provided is sufficiently compelling to meet the requirements for this rule. The evidence must relate specifically to the school applied for under Rule 2 and must clearly demonstrate why it is the only school that can meet the child’s needs.
3. Sibling: Children who have a sibling on the roll of the school or linked school at the time of application.This applies to reception through to Year 5 in infant, junior and primary schools; and from reception through to Year 3 in first schools; and from Year 5 to Year 7 in middle schools.
4. Nearest School: Children for whom it is their nearest community or voluntary-controlled school or an own admitting school or academy using Hertfordshire County Council’s admission rules
5. Distance: Children who live nearest to the school. If your child does not qualify under Rule 4, they will be under Rule 5.
A third of all parents will win their appeal – so isn't it worth your best shot? Our invaluable guides will help you through the next few months, holding your hand, every step of the way.