Question: How do you make a parent drool?
Answer: Just mention the names of any of these schools...
These are Hertfordshire's hottest secondary schools, attracting more applicants than any others in the county in 2018. Top of the list is Hockerill Anglo-European (again - getting boring now, guys, yawn!). The school had a total of 806 applications this year (for 68 day places). That's serious parent pulling power!
1. Hockerill Anglo-European College, Bishop’s Stortford (11.85 apps per day place) - NON MOVER!
2. Parmiter's School, Garston (6.81 apps per place) - UP!
3. Beaumont School, St Albans (6.1 apps per place) - DOWN!
4. Queens' School, Bushey (5.76 apps per place) - UP!
5. Bushey Meads School, Bushey (5.37 apps per place) - UP!
6. Rickmansworth School, Rickmansworth (5.31 apps per place) - DOWN!
7. Sandringham School, St Albans (5.14 apps per place) - DOWN!
8. The Hemel Hempstead School, Hemel Hempstead (4.96 apps per place) - UP!
9. Simon Balle School, Hertford (4.85 apps per place) - NON MOVER!
10. St Clement Danes School (4.69 apps per place) - NEW ENTRY!
These are the schools that parents really, really want. The following primary schools attracted more applicants per place than any of the others in Hertfordshire, for reception places starting in September 2018. The most desirable school in the county yet again, yes really, OMG... is Maple in St Albans – hats off to you!
It's also good to see three new entries this year, shaking things up a little...
1. Maple Primary School, St Albans (9.13 applicants per place) - NON MOVER!
2. Monksmead School, Borehamwood (6.37 apps per place) - UP!
3. Spellbrook Primary School, Herts (6.27 apps per place) - UP!
4. Abel Smith School, Hertford (6.2 apps per place) - NON MOVER!
5 (SHARED). Harvey Road Primary School, Croxley Green (6.13 apps per place) - DOWN!
5 (SHARED). Alban Wood Primary School, Watford (6.13 apps per place) - NEW ENTRY!
5 (SHARED). Camp Primary School, St Albans (6.13 applicants per place) - NEW ENTRY!
8. Boxmoor Primary School, Hemel Hempstead (6.0 applicants per place) - NEW ENTRY!
9. Bournehall Primary School, Bushey (5.87 apps per place) - DOWN!
10. Bushey Heath Primary School, Bushey (5.67 apps per place) - DOWN! )
Here are some super popular schools that you need to live so close to, that you could just roll out of bed and get into the playground within seconds. For all these community schools, to stand a chance of getting into them, it has to be your nearest school - and you have to live within a few hundred metres max...
You can use the Calculator to work out the distances (clue: Put in Rule 5, change the distances and see if you'll get in. Start at 325m and then go lower).
1. Panshanger Primary School, Welwyn Garden City
2. St Peter's School, St Albans
3. Maple Primary School, St Albans
4. Two Waters Primary School, Hemel Hempstead
[5. Mandeville Primary School (Sawbridgeworth)