Question: How do you make a parent drool?
Answer: Just mention the names of any of these schools...
These are Hertfordshire's hottest secondary schools, attracting more applicants than any others in the county in 2020. Top of the list is Hockerill Anglo-European (again - yawn!). The school had a total of 836 applications this year (for 76 day places). That's serious parent pulling power!
1. Hockerill Anglo-European College, Bishop’s Stortford (11 apps per day place) - NON MOVER!
2. Parmiter's School, Garston (6.78 apps per place) - NON MOVER!
3. Samuel Ryder Academy, St Albans (6.16 apps per place) - UP!
4. Beaumont School, St Albans (6.04 apps per place) - DOWN!
5. Croxley Danes School, Croxley Green (5.52 apps per place) - UP!
6. Rickmansworth School, Rickmansworth (5.43 apps per place) - NON MOVER!
7. Queens' School, Bushey (5.43 apps per place) - DOWN!
8. Simon Balle School, Hertford (4.99 apps per place) - DOWN!
9. The Hemel Hempstead Schooll, Hemel Hempstead (4.73 apps per place) - SHOCK NEW ENTRY!
10. The Broxbourne School, Broxbourne (4.69 apps per place) - SHOCK NEW ENTRY!
These are the schools that parents really, really want. The following primary schools attracted more applicants per place than any of the others in Hertfordshire, for reception places starting in September 2019. The most desirable school in the county yet again, yes really, this is insane... is Maple in St Albans – big congrats! Also we've got FOUR shock new entries this year, which is quite sensational... Mummy needs a little lie down now!
1. Maple Primary School, St Albans (9.1 applicants per place) - NON MOVER!
2. Abel Smith School, Hertford (7.13 apps per place) - UP!
3. Boxmoor Primary School, Hemel Hempstead (7.0 applicants per place) - UP!
4. Bournehall Primary School, Bushey (6.5 apps per place) - UP!
5. Harvey Road Primary School, Croxley Green (6.43 apps per place) - NON MOVER!
6. Nascot Wood Infant & Nursery School, Watford (6.28 apps per place) - SHOCK NEW ENTRY!
7. Skyswood Primary School, St Albans (6.2 apps per place) - SHOCK NEW ENTRY!
8. Aboyne Lodge Primary School, St Albans (6.17 apps per place) - SHOCK NEW ENTRY!
9 (JOINT). Ladbroke JMI School, Potters Bar (6.1 apps per place) - SHOCK NEW ENTRY!
9 (JOINT). Monksmead Primary School, Borehamwood (6.1 apps per place) - DOWN!
Here are some super popular schools that you need to live so close to, that you could just roll out of bed and get into the playground within seconds. For all these community schools, to stand a chance of getting into them, it has to be your nearest school - and you have to live within a few hundred metres max...
You can use the Calculator to work out the distances (clue: Put in Rule 5, change the distances and see if you'll get in. Start at 325m and then go lower).
1. Panshanger Primary School, Welwyn Garden City
2. St Peter's School, St Albans
3. Maple Primary School, St Albans
4. Two Waters Primary School, Hemel Hempstead
5. Mandeville Primary School, Sawbridgeworth