School: St John's Catholic Primary School (Rickmansworth)
Address: Berry Lane Mill End Rickmansworth Hertfordshire WD3 7HG
Telephone: 01923 774004
Age range: 4-11
This is a voluntary aided mixed-sex primary school.
1. Catholic looked after children and Catholic children who have been adopted (or subject to child arrangement orders or special guardianship orders) immediately following having been looked after.
2. Baptised Catholic children from Practising Catholic families who will have a sibling at the school at the expected date of admission.
3. Baptised Catholic children from Practising Catholic families who are resident in the Catholic parishes of St John the Evangelist Mill End, St Bedes Croxley Green, Our Lady Help of Christians Rickmansworth and St John Fisher Chorleywood.
4. Baptised Catholic children from Practising Catholic families who are resident in other Catholic parishes.
5. Other baptised Catholic children.
6. Other looked after children and other children who have been adopted (or subject to Child arrangement orders or special guardianship order) immediately following having been looked after.
7. Non-Catholic children who will have a sibling at the school at the expected date of admission.
8. Catechumens and members of Eastern Christian Churches.
9. All other applications.
Within each oversubscription criteria applications will be considered in the following priority order:
A. Exceptional social, medical or pastoral needs where there is compelling evidence that the needs of the child can only be met at this school. (Applications will need to be supported by recent professional evidence).
Where the offer of places to all the applicants in any of the sub-categories listed above would still lead to oversubscription, the number of places allocated to families resident in each of the four parishes will be shared equally in proportion to the number of applications received from applicants resident in each particular parish. Any remainder will be offered to those living nearest the school in accordance with the home-school measurement system used by Hertfordshire County Council: (A ‘straight line’ distance measurement; from the address point for the child’s home to the address point of the school supplied by Royal Mail). If there are fewer applications than there are places available for residents of a parish, those places will be allocated proportionately to the remaining parishes.
A third of all parents will win their appeal – so isn't it worth your best shot? Our invaluable guides will help you through the next few months, holding your hand, every step of the way.