John Warner School (The)

School: John Warner School (The)
Type: Academy
Address: Stanstead Road Hoddesdon Hertfordshire "EN11 0QF "
Telephone: 01992 462889
Age range: 11-18

View Ofsted report | School website

Find out your chances of getting into John Warner School (The)

Admission rules for John Warner School (The)

This is an academy mixed-sex secondary school. Specialist status: Science. This school is an associate Technology College. 

This school changed its rules for 2017, so we're only gonna give you the data from then onwards. Put Rules 1-4 into the Calculator - and you'll be able to see the cut off scores for Technology in the notes that pop up. 


Up to 10% of pupils will be admitted on the basis of their aptitude for Technology. The remaining 90% of allocations will be made using Rules 1-4, as set out below.

1. Children Looked After and children who were previously looked after, but ceased to be so because they were adopted (or became subject to a residence order or special guardianship order).

2. Children of staff.

3. Children who have a sibling at the same address who is a pupil at the school at the time of application. Siblings include sister, brother, half, step, and adoptive children provided they also live at the same address.

4. Home to school distance.

5. 10% of remaining places will be allocated to children who show an aptitude for Technology on the basis of an assessment of aptitude carried out by the school. Test can be taken by any child in Year 6 who is due to transfer to secondary school.


Rankings will be sorted by using the straight line distance measurement from the applicant’s home to The John Warner School. 


If you want to appeal for John Warner School (The) we suggest you buy our School Appeals Guide, and read our school appeal tips.

A third of all parents will win their appeal so isn't it worth your best shot? Our invaluable guides will help you through the next few months, holding your hand, every step of the way.

School admissions:
Primary schools Admission Calculator
Secondary schools Admission Calculator
Herts school appeals:
Appeals advice
School appeals guides