School: John Henry Newman RC School
Address: Hitchin Road Stevenage Hertfordshire SG1 4AE
Telephone: 01438 314643
Age range: 11-18
This is an academy mixed-sex secondary school.
Specialist status: Arts
1. Catholic looked after children and Catholic children who have been adopted (or made subject to residence orders or special guardianship orders) immediately following having been looked after.
2. Catholic Children (children with a Certificate of Catholic Practice will take priority).
3. Other looked after children and children who have been adopted (or made subject to residence orders or special guardianship orders) immediately following having been looked after.
4. Catechumens and baptised children of Eastern/Orthodox Churches (i.e., one which is not in communion with the See of Rome) where the application is supported by their priest.
5. Children from Christian families where the application is supported by a reference from a minister of religion.
6. Children from families of other faiths where the application is supported by a reference from a religious leader.
7. Any other children.
Feeder primary schools: Our Lady Hitchin, St John’s Baldock, St Joseph’s Hertford, St Margaret Clitherow Stevenage, St Mary’s Royston, St Thomas More Letchworth, St Vincent de Paul Stevenage, The Holy Family Welwyn, Our Lady’s Welwyn
Priority will be applied within Categories in the order set out below:
(i) attendance of a sibling at the School AND by the child at a Feeder Primary School
(ii) attendance of a sibling at the School BUT the child does not attend a Feeder Primary School
(iii) attendance by the child at a Feeder Primary School BUT no sibling at the School
(iv) no attendance at a Feeder Primary School and no sibling at the School
The Governing Body will give top priority to an application within a category where compelling evidence is provided at the time of application of an exceptional social, medical or pastoral need of the child that can only be met at The John Henry Newman School. Evidence of such factors must be provided from an appropriate professional at the time of application.
Tie-break: Those living nearest the School.
A third of all parents will win their appeal – so isn't it worth your best shot? Our invaluable guides will help you through the next few months, holding your hand, every step of the way.