School: Sir John Lawes School
Address: Manland Way Harpenden Hertfordshire AL5 4QP
Telephone: 01582 760043
Age Range: 11-18
This is an academy mixed-sex secondary school.
Specialist status: Arts, Science, Training School. The children of staff rule (No 4) is new but we do not predict that this will have a significant impact on admission patterns.
1. Children in public care (children looked after) and children who were looked after, but ceased to be so because they were adopted (or became subject to a residence order or special guardianship order).
2. Medical or social needs: Children for whom it can be demonstrated that they have a particular medical or social need to go to that specific school.
3. Sibling: Children who have a sibling at the school at the time of application, unless the sibling is in the last year of the normal age range of the school.
4. Children of Staff.
5. Children who live in the priority area and for whom it is their nearest Hertfordshire maintained non-faith, co-educational, non- partially selective school or academy. Note: Non-partially selective means that the school does not offer any places based on academic ability.
6. Children who live in the priority area who live nearest to the school.
7. Children living outside the priority area on the basis of distance, with those living nearest to the school given priority.
A third of all parents will win their appeal – so isn't it worth your best shot? Our invaluable guides will help you through the next few months, holding your hand, every step of the way.