School: Roundwood Park School
Address: Roundwood Park Harpenden Hertfordshire AL5 3AE
Telephone: 01582 765344
Age range: 11-18
This is an academy mixed-sex secondary school.
Specialist status: Maths and Computing, Languages
Rules 4 and 7 are new - but we do not predict that these changes will have a great impact on admission patterns. We're on the case though, watching and waiting...
1. Children in public care (children looked after) and children who were looked after, but ceased to be so because they were adopted (or became subject to a residence order or a special guardianship order).
2. Medical or social needs: Children for whom it can be demonstrated that they have a particular medical or social need to go to that specific school.
3. Sibling: Children who have a sibling at the school at the time of application, unless the sibling is in the last year of the normal age range of the school. Note: the ‘normal age range’ is the designated range for which the school provides, for example Years 7 to 11 in a 11-16 secondary school, Years 7 to 13 in a 11-18 school.
4. Children of Staff. Child of a member of staff who has been employed at the school for two or more years at the time of application or where the member of staff is recruited to fill a vacant post for which there is a demonstrable skill shortage.
5. Children who live in the priority area and for whom it is their nearest Hertfordshire maintained school or academy that is non- faith, co-educational and non-partially selective. Note: Non-partially selective means that the school does not offer any places based on academic ability.
6. Children who live in the priority area who live nearest to the school.
7. Children living outside the priority area on the basis of distance, with those living nearest to the school given priority.
A third of all parents will win their appeal – so isn't it worth your best shot? Our invaluable guides will help you through the next few months, holding your hand, every step of the way.