Rickmansworth School

School: Rickmansworth School
Type: Academy
Address: Scots Hill Rickmansworth Hertfordshire WD3 3AQ
Telephone: 01923 773296
Email: admin@rickmansworth.herts.sch.uk
Age Range: 11-18

View Ofsted report | School Profile | School website

Find out your chances of getting into Rickmansworth School

Admission rules for Rickmansworth School

This is an academy mixed sex secondary school.

Specialist status: Performing Arts, Science

Rule 1: Looked after children and previously looked after children.

Rule 2: Not more than 19 (10%) of places shall be allocated to children who do not qualify under any other criterion based on the nearness of their home to the front gate of the School (at the time applications are required). If you are applying under the distance criterion, use Rule 7 in the Calculator.

Rule 3: Children of permanent members of staff.

Rule 4: Children with brothers or sisters currently at the School in years 7 to 12 at the time of applications who are reasonably expected to be on the School’s roll in September 2017. 

Rule 5: Not more than 19 (10%) of places shall be available for children with proven aptitude in Music.

Rule 6: Not more than 49 (25%) of places shall be available by reference to academic ability, in descening order of merit determined by the School’s assessment arrangements.

Rule 7: Nearness of the child’s home to the front gate of the School.

 

Tiebreakers: see summary below & check the school's website for more detailed info...

Where the number of applications for admission exceeds the number of places available, places will be allocated by the Governing Body under the following criteria in the order set out below. While no place can be guaranteed, we intend to allocate places to children who qualify under criteria (1), (2), (3) and (4). Thereafter, under criteria (5) and (6), applicants will be placed in categories as follows:

(i) Those resident in the area defined by postcodes beginning with WD17, WD18, WD19, WD23, WD24, WD25, WD3, WD4, WD5, HA6 2 and HA6 3. This is our priority catchment area.*

ii) Other candidates.

There are up to 68 places in total under criteria (5) and (6). We intend to admit up to 66 (97%) pupils from our priority catchment area, (i) above. The remaining 2 (3%) places will be allocated to category (ii) applicants. If there are insufficient applicants from category (i) of the criteria being allocated to reach 97%, the number will be made up with category (ii) applicants within the same criteria.

If there are insufficient applicants once places have been allocated under criteria (1) – (6) – including category (i) and (ii) applicants within criteria (5) and (6) – the remaining or unallocated places will be assigned to Criterion (7). 

Appeals

If you want to appeal for Rickmansworth School we suggest you buy our School Appeals Guide, and read our school appeal tips.

A third of all parents will win their appeal so isn't it worth your best shot? Our invaluable guides will help you through the next few months, holding your hand, every step of the way.

School admissions:
Primary schools Admission Calculator
Secondary schools Admission Calculator
Herts school appeals:
Appeals advice
School appeals guides