School: Bishop's Stortford High School (The) (Boys)
Address: London Road Bishop's Stortford Hertfordshire CM23 3LU
Telephone: 01279 868686
Age range: 11-18
This is a foundation single-sex boys' secondary school (with a mixed-sex sixth form).
Specialist status: Maths and Computing; Leading Edge with Gifted and Talented
90% of places will be allocated to the first five criteria and 10% will be reserved for aptitude places.
1. Looked after or previously looked after child.
2. Siblings: Boys who, at the closing date for applications, have a sibling currently attending Bishop’s Stortford High School in years 7 – 13.
3. Sons of staff.
4. 95% of the remaining places will be allocated to each of the following groups of primary schools. Places allocated to each group will be based on the proportion of applications received.
Group A: Richard Whittington, Thorley Hill, Thorn Grove
Group B: Manor Fields, St Joseph’s, St Michael’s, Windhill21
Group C: All Saints, Hillmead, Northgate, Summercroft
Group D: Little Hallingbury, Spellbrook
Group E: Hatfield Heath, High Wych, Little Hadham, St Andrew’s Much Hadham
Group F: Albury, Elsenham, St Mary’s Hatfield Broad Oak, Takeley
Group G: Furneux Pelham, Henham & Ugley, Rodings Primary School
In the case of oversubscription in groups A to G the tiebreak will be on the basis of shortest distance from their permanent residence to the school as determined by Hertfordshire County Council, with those who are closer being accorded a higher priority.
5. 5% of further places will be allocated on the basis of shortest distance from their permanent residence to the school as determined by Hertfordshire County Council, with those who are closer being accorded a higher priority.
6. 10% of the PAN will be allocated on the basis of aptitude:
Up to 8 places will be allocated on the basis of aptitude in sport.
Up to 7 places will be allocated on the basis of aptitude in music.
A third of all parents will win their appeal – so isn't it worth your best shot? Our invaluable guides will help you through the next few months, holding your hand, every step of the way.