School: St Catherine of Siena RC JMI School
Address: Horseshoe Lane Garston Watford Hertfordshire WD25 7HP
Telephone: 01923 676022
Age Range: 4-11
This is an academy mixed-sex primary school.
1. Catholic Children Looked After, Catholic Children previously Looked After and Catholic children who have been adopted (or made subject to Child Arrangement orders or Special Guardianship orders);
2. Baptised Catholic Children from Practising Catholic Families with a sibling at the school on the date of admission;
3. Baptised Catholic children, with a sibling at the school on the date of admission.
4. Non- Catholic Children Looked After, Non- Catholic Children previously Looked After and Non-Catholic children who have been adopted (or made subject to Child Arrangement orders or Special Guardianship orders)
5. Non- Catholic children with a sibling at the school on the date of admission;
6. Baptised Catholic children of Practising Catholic teaching staff
7. Baptised Catholic children of teaching staff
8. Baptised Catholic Children from Practising Catholic Families resident in the parishes of Our Lady’s and St Michael’s, St Helen’s, Holy Rood or St Saviour’s;
9. Baptised Catholic Children resident in the parishes of Our Lady’s and St Michael’s, St Helen’s, Holy Rood or St Saviour’s;
10. Other Baptised Catholic Children from Practising Catholic Families;
11. Other Baptised Catholic children;
12. Children of Catechumens who have been accepted into the order of Catechumens by the appropriate liturgical rite and members of Eastern Christian Churches;
13. Any other children.
Criteria 2, 6, 8 and 10 applicants applying under these criteria must submit a Certificate of Catholic Practice (CCP) by the closing date. This form (which used to be called a priest’s reference form) is available from the school or from the diocesan website. Parents should fill in the top part of the form with their details and then take the form to their parish priest (or the priest at the parish where they normally worship) for signature. It is the parent’s duty to ensure that the CCP is submitted to the school in good time. The priest will only sign this form if he knows you and agrees that you are a practising Catholic family.
*Criteria 6 and 7 apply only to teachers who are currently employed at this school at the time of application and have had a minimum of two years employment.
When the last offer is made to a child of a multiple birth i.e. twin, triplet etc, the remaining child(ren) will also be offered a place, even though it means exceeding the published admission number.
A third of all parents will win their appeal – so isn't it worth your best shot? Our invaluable guides will help you through the next few months, holding your hand, every step of the way.