School: Great Gaddesden C of E (VA) Primary School
Address: Church Meadow Great Gaddesden Hemel Hempstead Hertfordshire HP1 3BT
Telephone: 01442 255734
Age Range: 4-11
This is a voluntary aided mixed-sex primary school.
1. All children ‘looked after’ or children who were previously ‘looked after’ but immediately after being ‘looked after’ became subject to an adoption, Child arrangements order or special guardianship order.
2. There may be occasions when the Governors are requested to provide a place on social or medical ground. In such cases an offer of a place will be considered following the submission of supporting professional evidence and where Great Gaddesden C of E School is the nearest (or only) school that can meet their needs.
3. Children at the time of admission, who have a sibling attending Great Gaddesden Primary School. The admission authority will admit over the school’s published admission number when a single twin/multiple birth child is allocated the last place at a school.
4. Children who live in the Parish of Great Gaddesden and Nettleden. The website www.achurchnearyou.com may be helpful if in doubt about the parish of residence. If this category is oversubscribed priority will be given as follows:
a) Parent / guardian(s) have attended services in Great Gaddesden Parish Church at least once a month during the previous two years
b) Geographic proximity.
5. Children not resident within the Parish of Great Gaddesden and Nettleden but whose parent(s) / guardian(s) have attended services in Great Gaddesden Parish Church at least once a month during the previous two years (a letter verifying the required level of attendance will be sought from the parish priest).
6. Children of parents or carers, one of whom is on the Electoral Roll as a known member of the Church of England or a registered member of another Christian Church. Applicants in this category will be required to provide written evidence from the Parish Priest or Minister (this evidence should be submitted with the school’s application form).
7. Any other children.
Tiebreaker: In the event of being oversubscribed, priority will be given to the those living closet to the school using the distance measurement provided by Hertfordshire County Council.
The Governors may consider a place on social, medical or educational grounds after the submission of supportive professional evidence.
Nursery aged children may be accepted into the Foundation Class
In addition to our online or paper form, please complete a supplementary information form (SIF) for this school. SIFs are available from the school and at www.hertsdirect.org
Children who have a Statement of Special Educational Needs on which this school is named will be admitted to the school.
A third of all parents will win their appeal – so isn't it worth your best shot? Our invaluable guides will help you through the next few months, holding your hand, every step of the way.